Urban Trash The Dress


One of the best experiences I've had in a long time....

Trash the Dress started off as a post wedding photoshoot for women whom still have their wedding dresses. The first Houston TTD event started on the beach with 20+ TPF members and 10+ models. It was a chance for photographers to add pictures to their portfolio and to give out business cards to further their connections.

TTD was then changed to an Urban setting to change the tradition. There were over 60+ photographers along with 20+ models. The event was so big Chron.com has written an article on it. They even came out today and interviewed the person in charge, which was really cool.

I got to meet some cool new people like Jeff and Christie. I basically hung out with them all day and occasionally shot. Jeff has been in the photography business for more than 8 yrs. Unlike me, he knows how to comfort his models and show them how to pose without making them feel uncomfortable. I wonder if I can get that good someday....

Christie was one of the models today with a vietnamese dress or ao dai. I thought that was very traditional and that it wouldn't fit into the urban setting of downtown as much. I did get some shots of her but as picky as I am only a few came out like how I wanted it to. She was so pretty, cool, and down to earth I wanted to get her number haha. But knowing that she's 26 with a career I would think she doesn't have time nor date someone younger still in school. It's okay... sometimes I think I'm meant to be alone. =/

Here are the rest of the pictures I've taken: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dphan/sets/72157603352976583/show/


Video by the Chronicle: http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/special/07/templates/listpop.html?bcpid=823433113&bctid=1320139290

0 comments

 
|  Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger