Yessica + Mike's Engagement Proposal!


A friend's friend had planned out a surprise proposal at Lake Travis' The Oasis restaurant and had me document the surprise. I arrived at 5p to meet Mike's mom and the rest of the family upstairs. The couple did not get there til 6:30p. Both families were there as a surprise to Yessica.

Before they arrived, I had to find angles where I wouldn't be seen. I got high... I got low... and even hid behind what was supposed to be a tinted mirror. At one point during this paparazzi ordeal, his fiance had spotted me through the mirror but had thought nothing of it. I was noticeable because of my white Tshirt. I had to get way different angles from where I was shooting and even had to role play. I pretended to be from Southern Living, a magazine about life in the south.

The proposal did not happen until sunset or 7:30pm so by then she was starving and wondering why her food hasn't been served yet. I asked Mike if he was nervous and he told me after the proposal, "Not really man... I had about 4 drinks ." Even after the proposal she did not give him a clear answer to his question. She kept saying, "Omg... shut up... SHUT UP! OMG!"

Here's the slideshow I made for them

2 comments:

Edeline Faye said...

How sweet!

Christie Lacy said...

Awesome job! They'll love this forever!

 
|  Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger