Life!


"Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day."

- Dalai Lama

Yesterday, I attended a funeral with my mom. It was one of my dad's good friends from a catholic magazine they had worked together on. He fought lung cancer for almost 2 years, but sadly, it was his time. He left behind a beautiful family with several grand kids. It makes me think about myself and how I'm already at a quarter of my life and so little I've accomplished compared to others.

Attending funerals is not my thing. I've been to 3 now and it just brings back pain and sadness from the time my old man passed away. I need to get used to it and become stronger because I watch my mom attend wakes and funerals at least once a month. Maybe I need to understand attending a funeral is not to be sad, but to be happy for the life they lived.


R.I.P. Ong Luca Nguyen Tri Su (Bac Su)

1 comment

Edeline Faye said...

Early morning post huh? (I noticed the timestamp)

My condolences and great quote.

 
|  Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger