Graduation/Summer!



I've finally graduated from college and it feels great but... I have no job offers or anything lined up at the moment. I guess this is where the real journey begins for me.

Lets recap my 7 yrs of college life:
- Freshman year, decided I wanted to be an optometrist so I became a pre-optometry major, but I was too much into a girl to concentrate on anything which included friends, family, and school which was a pretty bad start for me. I made B's and C's that year and broke up with the girl.

- 2nd year, probably my worst college year ever. I failed 2 classes and made mostly C's. I became depressed and emo for awhile. At the end of 2nd year, I found out I had Graves' disease.

-3rd year, ended up being kicked out of the school for a low GPA and then put on probation. So after the first semester ended, I transferred over to TSU to pursue a different career path. I chose clinical laboratory science. My old man had also passed away that same year from pancreatic cancer.

- 4th year, I did a lot better in my school work and earned A's and B's. My cumulative GPA was now a 2.5 or so. A lot of my friends were getting into pharmacy school and it looked pretty easy getting into so I tried it out too.

- 5th year, I finished all my prereqs for pharmacy and my CLS major and also did some volunteer work at the VA hospital. I applied for pharm school and got an interview, but was rejected. My plan was to attend with my brother and friends, but since I couldn't get in, I went through a different path.

- 6th year, I started the program I eventually graduated with, Clinical Laboratory Sciences. I thought science would keep me interested in learning forever but it slowly ate me away. For this reason, I knew I couldn't have made it in pharmacy school.

- 7th year, last and final year of the program in which I was put on clinical rotations. I got to experience the real life of a medical technologist and it is a repetitive one. Maybe it was because it was only a reference laboratory that everything seemed repetitive but I don't think I could do the same thing over and over again. It was kind of a disappointment for me. Hopefully there are more openings to this field with different options.

1 comment

Edeline Faye said...

I really like the picture that you took. It looks cool!

Anyways, congrats on graduating! I'm very proud of you. You stuck through.. especially during rough times and I commend you on that. Reading your experience kind of reminds me of.. me.

Since you are going to disable comments (well, I'm not sure if you were kidding) I will just aim you the rest. Tee hee :)

 
|  Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger