Wedding Photographer?


I shot Terry and Nary's Wedding last Saturday as the main shooter with some help from Hai (http://www.jhphotographyonline.com/) as a second shooter/backup. It was my second time shooting with Hai and he didn't try to take over the wedding or anything, but offered advice on what to do here and there. I have to thank him with the lighting set up and for keeping me company until the reception started. I have to thank Terry and Nary for inviting me as a guest and photographer to their wedding. It was the shortest wedding ceremony I've ever been to so far, haha. I also got to see my ex-girlfriend, whom I haven't seen in a couple of years. I also got to see her bf and I have to say they look great. Sucks that I didn't get to talk her but it's okay. I got to see a lot of old faces (Chris K., Dan N., Kenny L., Wu Parents, etc.).

I've never really imagined myself as a wedding photographer, but it's pretty damn fun. As the wedding photographer, you have all the pictures witnessing the couple become man and wife. The only thing I really should've cleared up with my friend was that if I were to be the photographer, I should've been the first to get all the shots. I don't need someone else to take the shots for him since I was hired to do that. I will need to include that in my contract the next time I shoot a wedding.

My schedule has somewhat finally cleared up. I get to be a 2nd wedding shooter for Joe Heileiger (http://www.jheiliger.com/) this Saturday and after that, I'll have my pre-clinical exams again on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll pass this time around. I'll then decide to see if I want to work more or go on vacation somewhere in July/August.

1 comment

Lisa Huynh said...

Going to this?
http://getit.davidjay.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=61

Know anyone going?

 
|  Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger