Commuting


Why does everyone in Houston wake up at 7am and have to rush to work/school at the same time? The nightmare of traffic begins as I hit Eldridge at Alief Clodine. It takes me 5 minutes to get to that light from my house and then 8 minutes to get to Dairy Ashford. That's a total of 13 minutes while I have only passed up 5 lights from my house. !$!@%!@%!% Add another 10 minutes and I have only traveled to Wilcrest. As I am waiting I'm thinking Houston should have a better mass transit system like the light rail except that it should extend around Houston and not only Downtown. I know we have the Metro but they are slow and they make frequent stops not to mention if the bus breakdowns you would have to wait for another bus to come and get you.

Once I get beyond Gessner, it's a game of dodge the cars. These jackasses drive down the wholesale street, brake suddenly, and take lefts and rights without signaling. I dodge at least 3 cars a day and have not been in an accident on that street yet (knock on wood). I get to Hillcroft where I usually take my right turn but I'm on the left lane. I look over to my right and there is a sweet old lady in a white Cadillac pacing herself at 35mph. So I do what every other Houstonian would do in my situation. Speed up, signal, and pass her. It wasn't that simple. As soon as I signaled this sweet old lady turned into a crazy speed demon not letting me in. If I sped up, she sped up. If i slowed down, she slowed down. I think she claimed the right lane to turn on Hillcroft as hers that day. Stupid old bitch.

I finally get onto 59 heading towards Downtown. More traffic awaits. I accelerate from 10 to 20 to 35mph. I'm thinking to myself, "Yesssss." And then once I pass the 610 bridge I slow down from 35 to 25 to 20mph. Now I am yelling out, "FUUUU......" As I look to my right there are cars and buses zooming past me. Damn carpoolers.

It's now 7:45am and the sun is shining right in my face. I don't know about anyone else but when it is hot I tend to fall asleep. So as I am waiting in traffic I doze in and out. I start dreaming about myself in a flying BMW 1 series while waving, laughing, and pointing to the suckers down in traffic traveling at 100mph without a care in the world.

A car honk wakes me up and I return to consciousness. Damn...

I move 1 feet per minute towards my destination. As soon as I see bums and crackheads in the street I know I'm near my destination. Sarcastically I say to myself, "Mayn it feels great to be in the ghetto." I fear of stray bullets and thugs everytime I pass through that area though. I finally get to my destination, park, and lock my car. It is now 8:25am.

I would like to thank everyone in Houston for waking up at the same time and causing tons of traffic!

0 comments

 
|  Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger